Tuesday 2 September 2014

Wk 35 - Travel/Vacation/Holidays .... Digi Choosday Challenge

Happy Digi Choosday everyone!!

Now, before start this week, please remember to head over to the Polkadoodles blog after you read this post and add your challenge entry to see what the NEW Digi Queens have for us, you'll be in awe at their awesome colouring skills - the link is at the bottom of this post! 

 This week for the DT and you, the theme we have set is

Travel, Vacations or Holidays

So we would like to see projects with either holidays (including Holiday events like Christmas too!) or travel on your projects, whether they are the main focus or added embellies.
To enter the challenge you can make anything you like, from a card to a home décor item and anything in between - you do NOT have to use our products to enter!
You have until 16th September to enter and the winner will be announced on 23rd September, so lots of time to get your entry in. All we ask is that you follow the theme and the simple rules that can be found in the side bar.
The winner will receive 1 free digi image from the Polkadoodles digistore. 

You can view the winners from last time at the end of this post....

Just before we get to the challenge inspiration, we need to remind you that we have a big promotion going on over at Kit and Clowder's website and on Facebook so make sure you go and check it out - there's freebies and a great discount code for grabs if you sign up! 

Right time to see what the team have for us! 


Anjie -  When I saw the new digi images in the Polkadoodles store one of them reminded me of me so much I had to have it. Why did it remind me of me I here you ask, well once when I went to visit my friend in Spain, she didn't recognise me as I had died my hair and I was wearing a hat! So the image is Maddie Twirling Curls and here she is!

I chose these two colours as they are my favourite colours and my hair used to be that shade of blue and at the moment is purple! Maddie is coloured with my Graph'It markers and the papers and flowers are from the Dollie Goes East collection download . The postcard stamp and message are from the Postcard stamp set.

Scatty Jan I loved this challenge , and making my little case. I used two of the papers from the digi bundle Kath (flowers were punched from the same)- I used the postcard and clock from the Rose Budd Collection.
Platinum stickles on the lock and black diamond stickles on flower middles. A small legnth of twine for the handles and popped on a mini key. Frayed burlap distress ink , the eiffel tower button and some sequins (which I opened upside down - 60g of sequins over my desk!)


Julie - For my card I used the wonderful Dollie image, fan image, ticket, sentiment circle and papers from the wonderful Dollie Daydream Goes East download available at Polkadoodles Digiworld Store
I really loved both the circle sentiment and ticket sentiment - The images are also available on the Dollie Daydream goes east CD available at Polkadoodles


Patty - Oh boy! I just started making Christmas Card so I made a very cute Xmas one... using the lovely CD collection Magical Winter I . I printed out the cute Santa's Workshop Pinguin and matching it up with some Kraft and Red papers from the collection. I added the 2 red dotted ribbon on top in the middle between both papers.... maybe you can't see it but I add some shadow to the image using my prisma colors and to finished off the Bright Gold satin ribbon on the left top corner.  What can I say I love Chrismtas cards, so I started early this year!!!


Wendy - As soon as I saw this weeks challenge, I knew which image I wanted to use, the Carriage from the Rose Budd Collection. The backing papers and the paper used for the flowers are also from there. I've used the flourishes from one of the new cutting files and resized them on the Silhouette.


Yvonne -  Hello there everyone! Well this weeks theme is Travel/Holidays, well I decided to use Enfys Digistamp Bundle from the Digiworld Downloadables section of Polkadoodles. This is amazing value for money this bundle, you get the image and 5 papers!! I chose to use two of the papers for Enfys. I decided that this image suggested that she had been traveling and has had a good time by the looks of all them shopping bags!!! The image is coloured with my Graph'It Markers, a full list of colours are on my blog. The postcards are embellishments from the beautiful Rose Budd Collection. Some ribbon, flowers and pearls, topped of with a wee wooden butterfly embellishment.


Sharon - I have just returned from my vacation so this weeks theme travel/holidays seems so fitting. I have used the caravan section from Work and Play 3. I printed out the matching cloud paper and matted it onto some blue card. I then used a strip of the road paper and die cut some grass to finish my background. The caravan was the printed 4 times and I have cut various sections of it to decoupage it. The little character with his knotted hankie sits neatly at the front whilst I have printed one of the sentiments onto yellow card as the sunshine!


Crafting Vicky When I looked at the challenge that we have right now... I thought hmmm travel as in getting away from it all right?!?  So for my make I used the fabulous Office, Colored from the work and play 2 collection.  And I added some papers from Classic heart papers.  This is what I came up with!  Hope you like it!  Man... now I want to get away lol



Great makes as always!

Winners from week 32 Stitching Effects...

The winner chosen at random is:

#7  Tammy A

please email us HERE quoting DCwk35001wk32 to claim your prize of a 3 free digis.


 And the top 3 chosen by the design team are:

#16 Archana



Well done everyone go grab your badges from the side bar. 

Don't forget to now hop on over to the Polkadoodles blog to see the first post from Polkadoodles Digi Queens!


See you next week!

Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.

2 comments :

  1. This is a good post. This post gives truly quality information. I’m definitely going to look into it. Really very useful tips are provided here. Thank you so much. Keep up the good works. Apartments

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for some other informative blog. Where else could I get that type of information written in such an ideal means? I have a mission that I’m just now working on, and I have been at the look out for such information. visa free countries for Ghana

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining us at the Digi Choosday challenge! We love to hear from you so feel free to drop us a comment below! mwaah mwaah! xx